The fall challenge is over, and we are diving headfirst into the next cycle! I will post fall challenge results next week, but so far it’s been incredible watching people PR their lifts and improve in a million different ways.
The next cycle will start Monday Nov 26th and run until January 6th. Believe it or not, that is only 6 weeks long! The theme of this cycle is pre-open-prep. Last year I noticed that once we started training heavily for the CrossFit Open, a lot of folks felt that their shoulders were over-taxed. To contend with that, we are starting to prep our bodies now, so that new year cycle won’t catch anybody off-guard.
Things you can expect to see:
- Focus on building gymnastic movements such as handstands, handstand walking and handstand pushups, toes to bar, pull-ups, chest to bar and muscle-ups. We will be working on these both in the beginning of class, but also integrated into workouts.
- Lots of Clean and Jerk, we are definitely going to see this in the open so we can get ready for it now.
- Squatting twice per week, with emphasis on control throughout the entire movement.
- Heavier deadlifting built into metcons (now that we have such a strong foundation!)
- Shoulder pressing skills –> push-press skills
- In strength class there will be some work on Turkish Get Ups, snatch technique days, bench and every Thursday is a mystery box day where Coach Jerik is throwing in some really fun stuff, like strong man skills and random feats of strength you’re gonna love.
Here is the schedule for the next 6 weeks. We are keeping it pretty consistent as we know it’s a miracle to make it into the gym around this time of the year, so we want to make it as predictable as possible when you can.
|CrossFit||Clean + Jerk||Heavy Squats||*Mystery*||Tempo Squats||*Mystery*||Push Press||*Mystery*|
|Strength||Turkish Get Up + KB skills||Snatch Technique||Bench||*Mystery*||N/A||Specialty||N/A|
Have fun and do your best to stay consistent during the holiday season, it’s the only way to stay sane.