As we approach the holiday season, Solcana Fitness wants to give back to our community by supporting Good in the ‘Hood‘s Shopping with Dignity Program. Last year, nearly 1,000 families that included more than 2,500 children, had a merrier Christmas because of this program. Our friend Kira is helping to run this awesome effort!
How does it work? Unwrapped donations are placed at seven host sites where parents and guardians are guided through personal shopping experience to hand select a gift for the child. Our donations will be dropped at the Lutheran Colportage Services on Chicago Ave.
How can I participate?
- Buy a gift
- Buy a gift card (Chipotle, DSW, Amazon, Starbucks/Caribou, iTunes, movie theater passes, Best Buy, Home Depot, Kohls, and Target are typically the most requested cards)
- Donate money (and someone will go buy a gift)
- Help with donation drop-off
What type of gifts are accepted?
- The largest need is for 13-17 year olds
- The gift value should be $25-$50
- Be fun and creative–this small gift may make the recipient’s year, as many participating families struggle each day simply to get by
- Ideas from Good in the ‘Hood: cologne/perfume, watch, board game, phone accessories, headphones, books or movies, sneakers or boots, purses, wallets, make-up, nail polish, phone or computer accessories, backpacks, winter accessories
- Other resources: https://
What’s the deadline?
- Gifts by 12/13
- Cash money by 12/12
Where can I leave my gift?
- A box/bag will be brought to the gym
- An envelope will be pinned up on the board in the office for gift cards and cash–please let Kira know if you have a specific item that you’d like purchased with your $ ([email protected])