Who We Are: Solcana Fitness is a a Minneapolis based, queer-friendly, social-justice minded, feminist gym designed for folks of all fitness levels and backgrounds.
Our Mission: To offer high-quality, rigorous fitness to people in an accepting and
supportive environment. We are the gym for people who feel like they don’t fit in at other gyms. One piece of our mission is to make our facility more accessible to diverse athletes. Each year we offer 10 scholarships to athletes from traditionally marginalized communities who are interested in being part of our gym.
What We Are Looking For: A part-time coach to run an onboarding program for our scholarship recipients. This is a 5-week class runs from February 18th to March 19th. The time of the class is 6:30-7:30 PM on Tuesdays & Thursdays. This 5-week position has the opportunity to turn into a part-time coaching position with us, coaching weekly CrossFit and Strength classes.
● Current valid certification in CrossFit, NASM, ACE or other accreditation.
● 2+ years of experience in group fitness or personal training.
● Previous history working in a gym.
● A deep commitment to equity and inclusion.
● An understanding of how to make fitness body-positive and shame-free.
● Excellent group leadership and time-management skills.
Time Commitment and Pay: Initial time commitment is 5-7 hours training and 10 hours of coaching + prep time. Pay for this time is $500. If hired to become a coach on staff, pay is $20 per class.
To apply: Resume and cover letter to [email protected] by Dec 27th, 2019.