Welcome Eric Canlas to the coaching staff! Eric will be coaching the [Em]Power BIPOC class that starts in March, built for our incoming scholarship recipients for 2020.
Eric is awesome and we wanted to give you the chance to get to know them in their own words before they start working with us.
- Pronouns: They / Them
- Taurus Sun + Aquarius Moon + Sagittarius Rising
- First Generation Filipino-American
- Born + grew up in Pennsylvania
- Moved to the Twin Cities seven years ago from New York City where I was working as a climbing instructor…before that I was a 7th grade English teacher in the Bronx
- I identify hard with wood elves (except for their gift of sight…I’m quite myopic)
What I’ve learned about myself in the last 36 years
- My inner sun shines brightest when I get super absorbed and present in moments of teaching and sharing. Moments of connections + creation + discovery + realization + exploration + empowerment
- I find so much joy in growth, luxury, sweets, sharing moments of appreciation for things that are meticulously made
- I need to roam + wonder + wander and need space to process and find balance
- Recent jobs / things I find myself missing at random times: Barista + Baker (almost exclusively bread) + Videographer + Rock Climbing Instructor
You will see Eric around the gym working with Hannah, and then you can catch them coaching in the Vulcana room on Tue and Thu nights 6:30 – 7:30 pm starting Feb 18th!